The Other Burger Print this recipe
Cook time: 10 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Gently mix together ground pork and seasonings, shape into 4 burgers about ¾-inch in thickness. Place on grill over moderate-hot coals, lower hood and grill for 5 minutes; turn and finish grilling 4–5 minutes more, until an instant-read thermometer reads 160°F. Serve immediately, on sandwich buns if desired.
- * Eastern Burger: To Other Burger basic mix, add 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons dry sherry and 1 tablespoon grated ginger root.
- * Veggie Burger: To Other Burger basic mix, add 3 drops hot pepper sauce, 1 grated carrot and 3 tablespoons chopped parsley.
- * South of the Border Burger: To Other Burger basic mix, add ¼ teaspoon EACH ground cumin, oregano, seasoned salt and crushed red chiles.
- * Italian Burger: To Other Burger basic mix, add one crushed garlic clove, one teaspoon crushed fennel seed and 2 teaspoons EACH red wine and olive oil.