Santa Fe Chops with Firecracker Salsa Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and minced*
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 6 boneless pork center loin chops, 1½-inch thick
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In small bowl mix together chili powder, cumin, pepper and salt. Rub evenly onto both sides of chops. Prepare a medium-hot fire in a kettle-style grill. Grill chops directly over fire for a total of 12-15 minutes, turning once, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160° F. Serve with Firecracker Salsa.
- In small bowl stir together pineapple tidbits, diced cucumber, lime juice, brown sugar, salt and jalapeño chile (*Wear rubber gloves when handling hot chile). Cover and refrigerate 4-24 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- The National Pork Board