Fire-Cracker Pork Ribs Print this recipe
Cook time: 1 3/4 hours Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 pounds pork spareribs (St. Louis-style ribs)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup buffalo-style wing sauce
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- Pat ribs dry with paper towels. Mix together paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano and pepper in small bowl. Rub mixture evenly over both sides of ribs. Wrap ribs in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 hours, if desired.
- In a covered charcoal grill, prepare a medium-hot fire. Bank coals on both sides of grill. Place drip pan in center. Place ribs, bone side down, in center of grill over drip pan. Cover and grill over indirect medium heat for 1 hour, adding more briquets, if necessary, to maintain an even grill temperature.
- Generously brush ribs with wing sauce. Continue to grill, covered, for 30 minutes more or until meat is very tender, generously brushing with sauce again after 15 minutes. Transfer ribs to cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 10-15 minutes. To serve, brush ribs with sauce and cut into serving-size portions.
- The National Pork Board