Stuffed Fire-Kissed Peppers with Potato Mash Print this recipe
Cook time: 2 hours Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups sour cream
- 3 red bell peppers
- 4 large potatoes
- ¼ cup buttered bread crumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup shredded Gouda cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Muenster cheese
- ¼ cup sliced green onions bottoms (reserve sliced green tops for garnish)
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- Build a two-zone fire using Kingsford® charcoal briquets by situating the coals on only one side of the grill, leaving the other side void.
- Wash and wrap potatoes in aluminum foil. Place potatoes over indirect heat and close the grill lid. Cook the potatoes at 400˚F for 1½ hours.
- Remove the potatoes from the grill and scoop potato pulp out of the skins into the bowl. Add remaining ingredients except for the peppers, mash and mix well. Set aside.
- Cut red bell peppers in half and remove the pulp and seeds. Fill the peppers with the potato mixture. Place the stuffed peppers over indirect heat at 400˚F, close the grill lid, and cook for 15 minutes. Move the peppers to direct heat for 5 minutes or until the peppers start to blister. Remove to serve immediately.
- Garnish with green onion tops and brisket drippings.
- Recipe created by world champion pitmaster, Chris Lilly, on behalf of Kingsford® charcoal
- Chris Lilly