Pit-Stop Guacamole Print this recipe
2 cups servings
Cook time: 5 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Roma tomatoes or 2 plum tomatoes
- 4 ripe avocados
- ½ red onion
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling with Kingsford® charcoal. While the grill is heating, cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Slice the avocado lengthwise into oval slices, each ½-inch thick. Cut the onion into round slices, each ½-inch thick. Slice the peppers in half and remove the seeds and veins. Place the prepared vegetables and whole tomatoes directly over the hot coals (approximately 450-500˚F) and cook for five minutes, turning once or until they char and start to soften.
- Remove the vegetables from the grill and dice. Combine the diced vegetables, garlic, cilantro, salt, cumin and cayenne pepper into a small bowl and mix vigorously. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve chilled.
- Chris Lilly