Pepper Bundles Print this recipe
Cook time: 45 minutes Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 Vidalia or sweet onion cut into 8 slices
- 16 pats butter
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 4 gold or yellow bell peppers
- 6 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 8 doubled sheets aluminum foil
- Cut bell peppers in half through stem. Remove all veins and seeds from pepper. Stuff each pepper with ¾ cup of shredded cabbage.
- Sprinkle ⅛ teaspoon of seasoned salt on each stuffed pepper. Next, place 1 pat of butter on each pepper.
- Cut Vidalia onion into 8 equal slices. Place an onion slice on each stuffed pepper. Top each onion with a pat of butter and ⅛ teaspoon seasoned salt.
- Place each stuffed pepper on a doubled sheet of aluminum foil. Wrap each pepper individually in foil and seal tight.
- Place foil bundles on a charcoal grill and cook at 400°F for 45 minutes. Remove and serve hot.
- Chris Lilly