Grilled Greek Salad Pita with Beef Brisket Print this recipe
8 stuffed pitas servings
Cook time: 6 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 cucumber cut ½-inch slices
- 1 pound leftover beef
- 1 tomato
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce
- 4 pita bread cut in half, forming 8 pockets
- ¼ feta cheese
- ½ red onion cut ½-inch slices
- 1½ tablespoons kalamata olives minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4½ teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl combine all of the Greek dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling. Place the pita bread directly over the hot coals (approximately 450˚F) and cook for 1 minute on each side or until grill marks are visible. Place the prepared cucumbers, whole tomato and onions directly over the hot coals (approximately 450˚F) and cook for 4 minutes turning once or until they brown and start to soften.
- Remove the vegetables from the grill and dice. Place the diced grilled vegetables into a medium bowl and stir in the dressing. Let this mixture stand for 5 minutes before adding the romaine lettuce and feta cheese.
- Fill each pita pocket with leftover beef brisket and grilled Greek salad.
- Recipe created by world champion pitmaster, Chris Lilly, on behalf of Kingsford® charcoal
- Chris Lilly