Grilled Mexican Corn Print this recipe
Cook time: 7 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup Cotija cheese grated fine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 6-8 ears corn
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, mayonnaise and lime juice. In another small bowl combine the Cotija cheese, chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin and salt.
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling using Kingsford® charcoal. While the grill is heating, remove the corn from the husks. Grill the corncobs directly over the hot coals (approximately 450˚F) for 6-7 minutes turning every two minutes until kernels start to soften.
- Remove the corn from the grill and apply a light coat of the yogurt mixture to each cob. Sprinkle each corncob liberally with the Cotija cheese mixture, and they are ready to serve.
- Recipe created by world champion pitmaster, Chris Lilly, on behalf of Kingsford® charcoal
- Chris Lilly