Grilled Stuffed Flank Steak Print this recipe
Cook time: 50 minutes Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 jalapeño stemmed, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 cups cornbread stuffing
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 5 scallions chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup whole milk
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford® charcoal.
- In a large bowl, add the stuffing, milk and jalapeño, and stir until well blended.
- Slice the steak crosswise across the grain leaving a ½-inch edge intact. Spray a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil with cooking spray. Place the steak in the center of the foil. Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread the stuffing mixture on the steak. Sprinkle the top of the steak with the scallions and cheddar cheese. Then, carefully roll the steak up, tucking in the ends as you go. Fasten the roll with toothpicks or tie with kitchen string. Wrap the steak tightly in the foil.
- Roast the steak over indirect heat for 35 to 50 minutes turning a quarter turn every 10 minutes or until an internal temperature reaches 160˚F. Let the steak rest in the foil for 20 minutes before slicing into ½-inch slices and serving.
- Recipe created by football analyst, Mike Golic, on behalf of Kingsford® charcoal
- Mike Golic