St. Louis BBQ Pork Roast Print this recipe
Cook time: 30 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup KC Masterpiece® Hickory Brown Sugar or Original Barbecue Sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large yellow onion peeled, sliced
- 1 pork tenderloin approximately 1 pound
- heavy duty aluminum foil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- Combine KC Masterpiece® Barbecue Sauce with cayenne in a medium bowl. Place half of the marinade in a large GLAD® Storage Bag. Add the pork tenderloin and marinate refrigerated up to 3 hours. Reserve remaining marinade for basting.
- Layer 2-3 sheets (approximately 14 inches each) of aluminum foil. Bend the edges upward to make a slight "bowl." After marinating, remove the tenderloin from the sauce and place in the aluminum bowl. Season with black pepper and salt. Combine the onions and garlic with the marinade from the bag. Fold the aluminum foil over the roast to create a water-tight seal.
- Place roast on outer edges of the grill over Kingsford® charcoal (approximately 400°F). Turn every 7 minutes for 21 minutes (3 turns). Open foil bowl and remove the tenderloin. Allow onions to stew in their own juices in the bowl on the outer edges of the grill.
- Place the roast directly on the grill and baste with reserved marinade. Grill until done or until internal temperature reaches approximately 160°F.
- Slice roast, top with onions and drizzle with juice from onions.