Spiral Sliced Ham with Spicy Apricot Glaze Print this recipe
Cook time: 3 hours
Spicy Apricot Glaze
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/16 teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup apricot preserves
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- 8 pound spiral sliced, bone-in, cured ham
- In a medium bowl, combine the glaze ingredients and mix well.
- Double a large piece of aluminum foil and place the ham, flat side down, in the center of the doubled foil. Pour ½ cup of the glaze mix on top of the ham and spread it evenly over the entire ham. Wrap the aluminum foil tight over the ham and seal it.
- Prepare an outdoor charcoal grill for indirect cooking by situating the coals on only one side of the grill, leaving the other side void. When the cooker reaches 300˚F, place the wrapped ham on the void side of the grill and close the lid. Cook for 3 hours or until the internal temperature of the ham reaches 140˚F.
- Remove the ham from the cooker, unwrap the foil, and place the ham in the center of a baking pan. Pour the remaining glaze over the top of the ham and spread it evenly. Place the ham back on the grill, close the lid, and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the glaze firms. Remove the ham from the grill and serve.
- Created by Barbecue Expert Chris Lilly, on behalf of Kingsford® Charcoal.
- Chris Lilly