Skewered Shrimp Stack Print this recipe
Cook time: 24 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 bamboo or metal skewers
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (about half of a bunch)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound extra large shrimp (21-25), peeled, deveined
- Assemble marinade ingredients in a large GLAD® Storage Bag, seal, and toss to mix. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate the shrimp for 30 minutes.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water while the shrimp is marinating to prevent them from burning on the grill. When the shrimp are finished marinating, spear three shrimp per skewer. Discard remaining marinade.
- Grill shrimp on the outer edges of the grill over Kingsford® charcoal (approximately 400°F) for 2-3 minutes on the first side and 1-2 minutes on the second side. Serve on the skewer or remove shrimp from skewer and serve on a platter.