Skewered Shrimp and Pineapple with Cilantro Lime Sauce Print this recipe
Cook time: 20 minutes Prep time: 6 minutes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 six-inch bamboo skewers
- ½ pineapple, peeled, cored and cup into ¾-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Light grill using Kingsford® Charcoal with Sure Fire Grooves®.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes; drain. To assemble, pinch a shrimp into a horseshoe-shape and thread it onto the skewer. Follow with a piece of pineapple. Alternate, so there are three shrimp and two pieces of pineapple on each skewer.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, cilantro and honey. Stir well to blend. Pour marinade over skewers and rotate to coat. Marinate at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, salt, cumin and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning. Set sauce aside.
- When ready to grill, brush grate with vegetable oil. Place the skewers directly over the medium-hot fire. Cook on one side until light grill marks appear, about 2 minutes. Turn and grill about 2 minutes longer, or until shrimp are cooked through, but still tender.
- To serve, arrange two skewers on each plate and drizzle sauce over top.
- Diane Morgan