Rib Eye Steaks with Mole Marinade Print this recipe
Cook time: 12 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces dark stout beer
- 3 tablespoons whole coffee beans
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup onion, chopped
- ⅓ cup prepared mole sauce
- 4 beef rib eye steaks
- Slowly add beer to the mole to loosen paste and form a thick liquid. Heat mole and beer over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until simmering and mixture is a uniform consistency. Turn off heat and add coffee beans. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare shallot, garlic, onion and cilantro. Combine mole mixture with the rest of the marinade ingredients in a zipper top bag. Add the rib eye steaks and marinate refrigerated for up to 5 hours.
- Remove rib eye steaks and discard marinade. Grill steaks directly over Kingsford® Charcoal (approximately 425°F) flipping after 6-8 minutes. For medium rare, grill on the second side for another 4 minutes.