Qued Apple Crumble Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 Granny Smith apples cored, peeled
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 8 gingersnap cookies
- Make sure grill grates are clean and free of any debris. Heat a charcoal grill to about 350°F, until the coals are white hot. While the grill is heating, slice apples into about ½-inch rings. Then place the gingersnap cookies in a GLAD Food Storage Bag and crush using a rolling pin or a can. Place the crushed gingersnaps and brown sugar in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Once the grill is hot, brush the apples with four tablespoons melted butter and place onto the grill. Grill for 4-5 minutes and then flip over and grill another three minutes or until the apples are browned and soft. Remove from the grill and cut the slices in half or thirds, depending on the size. Toss the grilled apples with the ginger snaps and brown sugar. Add the two remaining tablespoons of melted butter and toss.
- Place a large piece of aluminum foil on the grill and pour the apple and gingersnap mixture on top of half of the aluminum foil. Loosely fold the other half of the foil over the mixture and allow the heat to melt the sugar to combine all of the flavors. Heat for about five minutes and serve hot, or move to a cool place on the grill and serve later.
- This is great served on its own, and even better when topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- Recipe created on behalf of Kingsford® charcoal and KC Masterpiece® barbecue sauce.