Pepper and Herb Crusted Flank Steak Print this recipe
Cook time: 10 minutes Prep time: 2 1/4 hours
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, freshly minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 flank steaks, approximately 2 pounds each
- 2 tablespoons black pepper, coarsely ground
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, freshly minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup thyme, freshly minced
- Add all seasonings together in a small bowl and mix well, forming a coarse paste. Spread paste evenly over both sides of each flank steak. Wrap each flank steak individually with GLAD® Cling Wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 12 hours.
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling. Grill steaks directly over coals (approximately 450–500°F) for 5 minutes on each side. Internal temperature of steak should reach 140–150°F for medium rare to medium doneness.
- For optimum tenderness, cut flank steaks across the grain into ¼ inch slices and serve.
- Recipe created by Barbecue Expert Chris Lilly, on behalf of Kingsford® Charcoal.
- Chris Lilly