Old Mississippi Eggplant French Fries Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled and sliced into ¾-inch sticks, 4-inches long
- 3 teaspoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup self-rising cornmeal
- Salt both sides of eggplant and place on paper towels to drain for 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, mix milk and eggs until well blended. Combine flour, cornmeal, seasoning and ½ teaspoon salt in wide shallow bowl.
- Heat oil in frying pan on high heat.
- Dip eggplant sticks into egg mixture and then cornmeal mix. Place in oil, flipping regularly and fry 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.
- Jimmy Morton