Mesquite Beef Kabobs with Grilled Garlic & Herb Potatoes Print this recipe
Cook time: 45 minutes Prep time: 1 1/2 hours
Mesquite Beef Kabobs
- 1 bottle KC Masterpiece® Mesquite Marinade
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound whole button mushrooms
- 2 large yellow onions cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 pounds beef sirloin steak cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- ½ cup dry red wine
Grilled Garlic & Herb Potatoes
- 1 sliced, small yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup KC Masterpiece Garlic & Herb Marinade
- Boil whole potatoes with salt for 20 minutes, or until easily pierced by a fork. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine marinade, mayonnaise and olive oil. Slice potatoes into half-inch thick slices.
- Light grill using Kingsford® Charcoal with Sure Fire Grooves®. Place 5 pieces of heavy duty foil, about 10" x 12", on a working surface; spray each with cooking spray. Pile eight potato slices onto each piece of foil. Top with sliced onions. Drizzle marinade mixture evenly onto piles. Dot tops with margarine. Fold sides of foil over and seal tightly, forming small cooking pockets.
- Place pockets on main grill rack for about 35 minutes.
- Toss beef with KC Masterpiece® Mesquite Marinade, garlic and wine in large container. Refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight for richer flavor. Soak wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes to prevent burning.
- Light grill using Kingsford® Charcoal with Sure Fire Grooves®. Alternate vegetables and meat through skewers. Brush vegetables lightly on all sides with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill 4 to 5 minutes on both sides, or until cooked through.
- Jimmy Morton