Hurricane Hanger Steak Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 1 1/4 hours
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices drained, (juice can be used in recipe)
- 1 cup dark rum
- 1–2 pounds hanger steak (can also use skirt steak, or flat iron steak)
- 2 oranges sliced
- ¼ cup grenadine
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- Place the steak into a 1-gallon GLAD® storage bag and add the rum, orange juice, pineapple juice and grenadine. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag. Massage the ingredients together and place the bag in the refrigerator to marinate for at least one hour or up to overnight.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and set aside. To make the glaze, add 1 cup of the marinade left in the bag to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes, until the mixture reduces by about half and is fairly thick. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add Kingsford® charcoal to the grill and heat until most briquets are fiery red. Add the meat and pineapple and orange slices to the grill and allow to cook for 5 minutes. Remove the fruit and set aside. Flip the steak over and grill for another 4 minutes or until grilled to your liking.
- Remove meat from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Brush on the glaze and slice across the grain of the meat. Serve with the grilled fruit.
- Recipe created by Kingsford® charcoal and KC Masterpiece.