Grilled Soft-Shell Crab Sandwich with Spicy Ranch Aioli Print this recipe
Cook time: 20 minutes Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup flour or cracker meal
- 1 finely chopped,small red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 small baguettes sliced lengthwise
- 4 soft-shell crabs cleaned,rinsed,patted dry
- Chopped lettuce and tomato for each sandwich
- ¼ cup melted butter or olive oil
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Spicy Ranch Dressing
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a blender, blend first five ingredients until well mixed to create spicy ranch aioli; refrigerate.
- Light grill using Kingsford® Charcoal with Sure Fire Grooves®. Mix butter or olive oil, lemon juice and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Roll crabs in mixture. Lightly dredge in flour or cracker meal. Sauté in large pan 3 to 4 minutes on each side; transfer to grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side.
- Warm baguette on grill. Spread inside of bun with spicy ranch aioli; add lettuce and tomato and top with crab.
- James Bazelle