Grilled Pork Chops with Apple-Cranberry Glaze Print this recipe
Cook time: 16 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups water
- 6 allspice berries (dry spice)
- ½ bay leaf
- ½ tablespoon thyme leaves (dry spice)
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic (dry spice)
- 1/16 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 6 bone-in pork chops or boneless loin chops, (1-inch thick)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup apple sauce
- ½ cup cranberry sauce
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Mix brine ingredients and stir well. Place chops in brine and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
- In a small pan, add sauce ingredients and mix well. Heat until mixture is warm. Reserve ½ cup of sauce for plating.
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling. Grill chops directly over coals (approximately 450°F) for 8 minutes on each side. During the last 3 minutes of cooking, baste both sides of the chops well with sauce. Internal temperature of chops should reach 150-155°F prior to removing from grill.
- Drizzle reserve sauce over chops when serving, or serve warm on the side.
- Recipe created by Barbecue Expert Chris Lilly, on behalf of Kingsford® Charcoal.
- Chris Lilly