Grilled Po' Boy Pizza Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds frozen shrimp, 21–24 count
- 2 pre-baked thin 12-inch pizza crusts
- 2 tablespoons horseradish mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch dressing
- ½ cup KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Lousiana hot sauce
- Thaw shrimp by placing them in a large bowl of cold water and allowing them to soak for 30 minutes. Peel shrimp and pat dry. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp in 2 tablespoons olive oil and the minced garlic.
- Fire up the grill with Kingsford® charcoal. Once the coals are red hot, cook the shrimp for 4 minutes and then flip and grill for about another 3 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink. In a large bowl, toss the grilled shrimp with the KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce, horseradish mustard and hot sauce.
- Carefully, with a long-handled spatula, push the coals to one side of the grill to create a cooler cooking area. Assemble the pizza, by brushing half of the Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® dressing on top of each pizza crust. Then, top with 5 slices of provolone cheese on each crust. Divide the shrimp between the two crusts and sprinkle on the diced tomatoes. Carefully transfer the loaded pizza crusts to the cooler side of the grill.
- Grill the pizza crusts — either one at a time or at the same time — for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from the heat and sprinkle the chopped lettuce on top. Slice and serve.