Grilled Pepper Poppers Print this recipe
Cook time: 12 minutes Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Hidden Valley® Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 tablepoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 18–20 large peppers (Note: for a less spicy substitute, try 6–8 small poblano peppers instead)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 6 ounces (1½ cups) aged provolone cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- Mix dipping sauce ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl and refrigerate.
- Fry bacon, drain and let cool. Crumble bacon into cream cheese and add all additional ingredients. Mix together well. Place cream cheese mixture inside a quart size GLAD® food storage bag. Cut off one of the corners to make a pastry bag.
- Cut off the top of the peppers approximately ¼ of an inch from the base of the stem and set tops aside. Stuff cream cheese mixture in top of peppers and replace caps. Wrap each pepper tightly in foil.
- Place wrapped peppers on the grill grate directly over a hot bed of Kingsford® charcoal and turn frequently for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the grill, let cool, unwrap and serve with Hidden Valley® Ranch dipping sauce to cool down the spice from the peppers.
- Alan Clifton