Grilled Longhorn Short Ribs Print this recipe
Cook time: 3 hours Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 pounds short ribs, boneless, cut into 8 equal squares
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ bottle (16 ounces) dry red wine
- ½ jar KC Masterpiece® Barbecue Seasoning
- ½ tablespoon butter, softened
- Light grill using Kingsford® charcoal and allow coals to burn to a white ash.
- Place ribs in a large bowl, drizzle with honey and coat with barbecue seasoning.
- Brush grill grate with oil or coat with nonstick spray. Place ribs on grill over direct heat for 2–3 minutes each side. Carefully remove ribs and wrap in aluminum foil. Place over covered indirect heat for 2–3 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Boil wine, thyme and bay leaf in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Add beef broth and reduce by another half. Set aside.
- Mix butter and flour in small bowl, add to sauce and whisk. Boil 3–5 minutes adding additional flour as needed until thickened.
- Remove ribs from grill and drizzle with sauce.
- Richard Chamberlain