Grilled Flank Steak Grinders Print this recipe
Cook time: 20 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 1 pinch dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 small yellow onion peeled, coarsely chopped
- 12 fresh tomatillos peeled, rinsed well
- 1½ pounds flank steak
- 2 cloves garlic peeled, smashed
- 6 hamburger buns
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Salsa Verde
- Place the tomatillos, onion and garlic on a lightly-oiled baking sheet and grill over Kingsford® charcoal, turning often, until the onion is crispy and tomatillos have burst — about three to five minutes.
- Remove from the grill to cool. Once cool, place the ingredients in the work bowl of a food processor and puree until desired consistency. This can be done up to three days in advance if kept chilled in an air tight container.
- Place the flank steak on a sheet of GLAD Press'n Seal® large enough to cover the steak once folded. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Liberally dust each side of the steak with Hidden Valley® Ranch dry seasoning mix, then sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if using. Wrap tightly in the GLAD Press'n Seal® and chill for one to two hours.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator about 15 minutes before grilling over Kingsford® charcoal. Unwrap the steak and grill over medium heat for five to seven minutes on each side or until you reach an internal temperature of 150 °F — allow the steak to rest covered for five minutes. Lightly toast the hamburger rolls. Serve the steak sliced over the rolls generously topped with the salsa verde.
- Recipe created by football analyst Mike Golic, on behalf of Kingsford® charcoal.
- Mike Golic