Grilled Fruit Skewers with Spicy Maple Cumin Glaze Print this recipe
Cook time: 3 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups fruit chunks (chef's favorite: fuyu persimmons, plums, pineapple, peaches and bananas)
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- ½ cup light maple syrup
- In a small mixing bowl, combine glaze ingredients and mix well. Add fruit to glaze mixture and stir in. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling. Place fruit chunks on bamboo skewer, alternating each fruit type. Place fruit skewers on grill and cook for 1½ minutes on each side. Remove and serve.
- Recipe created by Barbecue Expert Chris Lilly, on behalf of Kingsford® Charcoal.
- Chris Lilly