Georgia Peach Barbecue Chicken Salad Print this recipe
Cook time: 40 minutes Prep time: 25 minutes
- 1 bag (8 ounces) mixed baby greens salad mix
- 1 bottle (12 ounce) KC Masterpiece® Honey Barbecue Sauce
- 10 red grape tomatoes cut in half
- 10 slices seedless cucumber
- 10 yellow grape tomatoes cut in half
- 2 cans (11.3 ounces) peach nectar
- 2 cans (21 ounces) peach pie filling or topping
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces)
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 4 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper divided
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salad vinaigrette of choice
- ½ purple onion grated, or cut very thinly
Georgia Honey Roasted Pecans
- 1 cup honey
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Mix barbecue sauce, pie filling, nectar, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons black pepper and 1 teaspoon salt in a food processor or blender until almost smooth to make glaze. Pour mixture into a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and heat uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir often. Remove from high heat and reserve. Keep warm on low heat.
- Light grill using Kingsford® Charcoal with Sure Fire Grooves®. Coat chicken breasts with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Mound coals on one side of grill. Place chicken on grate over coals and cook for 2-4 minutes. Transfer to side of grill without coals; cook through, 15-30 minutes, depending on the chicken’s thickness. Baste with glaze every 5 minutes for the last 15-30 minutes of cooking time. Let cool before slicing and serving over mixed greens. Top with tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, blue cheese, honey roasted pecans and vinaigrette.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Roast pecan halves on baking sheet for seven minutes. Transfer pecan halves to a wire rack. Melt next three ingredients in pan. Pour over pecan halves. Let cool to harden mixture.
- Michael Todd Buck