Doc's Original Pork Tenderloin Print this recipe
Cook time: 20 minutes Prep time: 2 1/4 hours
- 1 cup KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 pork tenderloin, 2–3 pounds
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced, divided
- ¾ tablespoon ground ginger
- ⅓ cup toasted sesame oil, divided
- Combine ¾ cup soy sauce, ¼ cup sesame oil, 1 garlic clove and ginger for marinade. Set aside ¼ cup of marinade for basting. Place tenderloin and remaining marinade in one quart Glad® Food Storage bag, and marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours*.
- Light grill using Kingsford® charcoal. Remove tenderloin from refrigerator and discard marinade. Grill tenderloin on covered grill over medium heat, turning occasionally to prevent burning, about 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through. Baste with reserved marinade the last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Combine barbecue sauce, remaining soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic in a small pan and heat on the stove over medium heat until it begins to boil, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove tenderloin from grill and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Slice diagonally and drizzle with warm barbecue sauce mixture.
- *If time allows, marinating overnight is suggested.
- Dr. Rich Davis