Coastal Carolina Lemon Pepper Shrimp Print this recipe
Cook time: 4 minutes Prep time: 1 1/4 hours
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) KC Masterpiece® Zesty Lemon Pepper Marinade
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups white rice, uncooked
- 24 jumbo shrimp
- 3 green peppers, cut in 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup KC Masterpiece® Mesquite Barbecue Sauce
- Place shrimp in one quart Glad® Food Storage bag, pour marinade over shrimp and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Light grill using Kingsford® charcoal. Brush grill grate with oil or coat with nonstick spray.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- When shrimp is done marinating, remove from bag and discard marinade. Alternate threading shrimp, tomatoes and green peppers on skewers. Brush with barbecue sauce and place on uncovered grill 4-6 minutes, turn once and brush sauce on other side of skewers*.
- Serve skewers on bed of rice and drizzle with barbecue sauce, if desired.
- *If using bamboo skewers, soak in water 30 minutes before use.
- Julia Bon-Smith