Beer-Basted Pulled Pork Sliders Print this recipe
Cook time: 7 hours Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 bottle (12-ounce) dark beer
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- 1½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bottle KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce
- 1 pork butt (7–8 pounds)
- 24 slider buns
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3½ teaspoons garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- While the pork is cooking, combine all of the baste ingredients in a medium saucepan and mix well. Place over medium-low heat and simmer until the butter melts. Keep baste on low heat until ready to use.
- Build a charcoal fire for indirect cooking by situating the coals on only one side of the grill, leaving the other side void. Add a small aluminum pan to the void side of the grill and fill it halfway with water.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry rub ingredients. Coat the pork evenly with dry rub, patting gently until the mixture adheres to the meat.
- When the grill reaches 250˚F, place pork butt on the void side of the grill over the water pan, close the lid, and cook over indirect heat for four hours.
- Chris Lilly