BBQ Jalapeño Texas Cheeseburger Print this recipe
Cook time: 20 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 yellow onion sliced in large rings
- ⅛ cup butter
- ⅛ cup KC Masterpiece® Barbecue Seasoning
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- ¼ cup jalapeño peppers thinly sliced
- ½ cup KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce divided
- Combine ¼-cup barbecue sauce, seasoning and jalapeños in a small bowl. Knead spice mixture into ground beef and roll into 6 balls.
- Light grill using Kingsford® briquets. Brush grill grate with oil or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Grill burgers for 12–16 minutes on a covered grill, until burgers are cooked through, turning once. In last 6–8 minutes of grilling time, place onions on grill. Top burgers with cheese during last minute of cooking time. Lightly spread butter on bun. Grill bun, buttered side down, until lightly toasted.
- Serve burgers on buns and top with grilled onions, barbecue sauce and your favorite toppings.
- Don Blake