Austin Barbecue Bean Dip Print this recipe
Cook time: 15 minutes Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar or taco cheese
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 cans (5.5 ounces each) pinto beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 scallions, green and white parts, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup chunky salsa
- ½ cup KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce
- ½ yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- Preheat the grill (for indirect heat).
- In a food processor, puree the KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce together with the pinto beans, salsa, onion, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce until smooth.
- Spray an 8-inch heatproof or aluminum pie pan with vegetable oil spray. Spread the bean mixture evenly into the pan. Generously sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Place the pan in the center of the grill and cook for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and mixture is bubbly. Remove the pan from the grill and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the chopped scallion and tomatoes with a plate of warmed tortilla or corn chips.
- Recipe created by KC Masterpiece® Barbecue Sauce.