Atlantas Sweet Vidalia Onion Bloom Print this recipe
Cook time: 30 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 medium Vidalia onion or other sweet onions
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Light grill using Kingsford® briquets.
- Cut onion in half across the middle. Then cut crosswise three times without slicing through the sides of bottom of onion. Remove two cross sections of onion to create small cups.
- Place onion halves sliced side up on aluminum foil and evenly distribute butter, bread crumbs and parsley in the onion cups. Top with cheese and salt and pepper. Fold aluminum foil around onion until all ends meet to make a tight seal.
- Place onion packet on covered grill over indirect heat for 30 minutes, rotating occasionally. Onion should be soft and “melted” with the bottom caramelized when done.
- Serve as a side dish with grilled steak.
- David Larkworthy