Indonesian Sweet and Sour Grilled Shrimp Pizza Print this recipe
Cook time: 30 minutes Prep time: 2 hours
- 1 pound peeled,deveined shrimp (21–30 count per pound)
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon grass
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 red bell peppers quartered
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup yuzu
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
Pickled Red Onions
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- In a small, nonreactive sauce pan, add the vinegar, sugar and salt, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Fold in the onions and stir occasionally until the mixture comes back to a boil.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. This can be done two days in advance.
- Place the shrimp in a 1-gallon GLAD® bag and place in the bag upright in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the shrimp.
- Squeeze the extra air out of the bag and seal. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and let chill for 20 minutes, turning the bag once or twice.
- Preheat charcoal grill or broiler to 500˚F.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade and grill and 1½ minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Grill the peppers until softened and crisp. Remove the shrimp and peppers from the grill and set aside. This can done a day in advance if stored properly.
- Chris Lilly