Kickin' Chicken Salad with BBQ Ranch Dressing Print this recipe
Cook time: 40 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes
- ½ cup baby carrots, cut in quarters lengthwise
- ½ cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Cajun spice mix
- ¼ cup of Hidden Valley® Original
- 1 bag (8.5 ounces) barbecue flavored potato chips
- 1 can (2¼ ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 large white onion, peeled and sliced into ¾-inch thick slices
- 1 package (6 ounces) mixed lettuce
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in
- Mix Cajun spices and black pepper in small bowl. Reserve half of the mixture for the onions. Season chicken thighs with ½ of spice mixture and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Light grill using Kingsford® briquets. When coals turn to a white ash, add a handful of pre-soaked Kingsford® Hickory Chips. Brush grill grate with oil or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place chicken on grill over indirect heat, covered for 25–30 minutes, or until temperature reaches 175°F–180°F.
- Rub reserved spice mixture on both sides of onion rings and place on grill with chicken for the last 15–20 minutes, until tender but still crispy.
- Remove chicken and onions from grill. Discard chicken skin and remove meat from bone, leaving it in large pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, olives and cheese. Top with chicken and onion rings. Drizzle with barbecue sauce and ranch dressing and line potato chips around outside of bowl.
- Serve immediately.
- *May substitute with two chicken breasts. Grill chicken breasts over direct heat about 24–30 minutes.
- HV Test Kitchen