Smoked Stuffed Chicken with Ranch Vegetables Print this recipe
Cook time: 3 hours Prep time: 30 minutes
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup KC Masterpiece® Barbecue Sauce Original
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 large roasting chicken (5-6 pounds)
- 1½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons KC Masterpiece® Barbecue Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 4 large garlic cloves, quartered
- 4 medium red potatoes, chopped
- Light grill using Kingsford® Charcoal with Sure Fire Grooves®. Rinse inside and outside of chicken. Season inside with salt and pepper. Season outside with barbecue seasoning.
- Place garlic and all vegetables, except potatoes, into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle vegetables with dressing mix, salt and pepper; mix together.
- Stuff cavity of chicken with half of vegetable mixture. Place chicken in shallow baking dish.
- Mix potatoes with remaining vegetables. Place onto pieces of foil; fold sides over and seal tightly, forming small cooking pockets. Poke a few holes top of pocket.
- Mound coals on one side of grill. Place chicken on side of grill without coals; grill. Baste outside of chicken with barbecue sauce every hour of cooking. Grill for 3 hours until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F.
- After 2 hours, place foil pouch with potato-vegetable mixture on grill. Remove from grill with chicken.
- HV Test Kitchen