Down South Flavor Explosions Print this recipe
Cook time: 30 minutes Prep time: 30 minutes
- 2 6-ounce Walmart Choice filet mignon steaks
- 6 tablespoons olive oil and vinegar dressing divided
- 1 russet potato cut into 20 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 2 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- Build a charcoal fire for direct grilling using Kingsford® charcoal. Preheat to 400°F.
- Place steaks in a shallow dish. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the dressing, and pour the rest over the steaks to marinate.
- Spread potatoes on an oiled baking sheet and toss with 3 tablespoons dressing. Place baking sheet on grill, for about 25 minutes, flipping once about 3/4 of the way through cooking, until browned and crisp. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place steaks on the grill and cook, flipping once, until medium rare, about 10 minutes total.
- Remove steaks from grill and let rest for at least 5 minutes, before cutting steaks into 20 bite-size slices.
- Place one slice of steak on each potato slice, top with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and a piece of blue cheese. Serve hot.
- Recipe created by Sweet Swine o’ Mine for the Kingsford Invitational One Bite Challenge, presented by Walmart.