Bliss in a Bite Print this recipe
1 steak servings
Cook time: 10 minutes Prep time: 35 minutes
- 1 3/4 to 1-inch ribeye steak about 1¼ pounds
- 2 tablespoons 3 Eyz BBQ Rub
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup onions
- Set up a two-zone fire for indirect grilling with Kingsford® charcoal by situating the charcoal on only one side of the grill, leaving the other side void. In a medium saucepan on the cooler side of the grill, melt a 1-inch chunk of the outer ribeye fat along with butter, mushrooms and onions. Season with one tablespoon of 3 Eyz BBQ rub, remove from pan and set aside.
- Season the steak completely with 3 Eyz BBQ Rub, then place on the hot side of the grill. Sear steak on both sides, about 3–5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat, pat with 1 tablespoon butter and set rest for 5 minutes. Reheat mushrooms and onion briefly, add to the top of the steak and serve.
- Recipe created by 3 Eyz BBQ competition barbecue team for the One Bite Challenge category of the Kingsford® Invitational.