April 27, 2011
Ten years ago while visiting the Memphis Redbirds’ recently constructed ballpark, I happened upon a stand selling something called barbecue nachos. Now this wasn’t just any stand, this was run by the local ‘que favorite, Rendezvous. Today, Chris Grove of Nibble Me This takes this amazing combination of slow smoked pork shoulder, cheese and chips to the extreme.
I smoked a pork butt this weekend and the cook went pretty much as expected. Here is the cooking log from that cook. It took right on the nose of 1 1/2 hours per pound.
One of my favorite things to make with pulled pork other than sandwiches is BBQ Nachos.
I like mine with “built from the floor up” as follows:
• White tortilla chips
• Iceburg lettuce (save the fancy stuff for salads!)
• Colby jack cheese mix shredded
• Pulled pork
• A blend of diced red, green, and white onions
• Black olives
• BBQ sauce (something sweet like Smoky Mountain Smokers or Blues Hog)
• Homemade queso sauce with red peppers, cilantro, and BBQ rub (something hot like Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk)
What do YOU like on your nachos? Feel free to share yours below.
That looks awesome! Can't wait to show my husband!