Yazoo’s Delta Q Takes 2012 Kingsford Invitational Title
November 15, 2012
Today we join Melissa Cookston, Pitmaster of Yazoo’s Delta Q and co-owner of Memphis Barbecue Co., as she reflects on her team’s recent victory at the inaugural Kingsford Invitational barbecue contest.
Held November 8-10 on the grounds of Kingsford’s Belle, Missouri production facility, the $50,000 winner-take-all contest featured eight of country’s hottest competition barbecue teams including:
• Yazoo’s Delta Q, Memphis in May World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest Grand Champion
• Smokin’ Triggers BBQ, BBQ Pitmasters Grand Champion
• Shiggin’ & Grinnin’, American Royal World Series of Barbecue Open Contest Grand Champion
• Lucky’s Q, Sam’s Club National BBQ Championship Grand Champion
Be sure to check back here at Grilling.com for additional post event coverage and keep an eye out in March 2013 for the premier of Destination America’s one hour behind-the-scenes Kingsford® Invitational television special.
- Clint Cantwell, Grilling.com Editor